Adapting to a changing climate and rising seas through local and global engagement.
A public-private partnership dedicated to adapting Nantucket and other communities to a changing climate and rising seas through local and global engagement.
- Convene a ‘steering committee’ to oversee and implement the goals of the ACKlimate initiative
- Coordinate and promote conferences, workshops, and other activities addressing climate change and sea level rise and its impact on the built and natural environments
- Host a public lecture series that engages experts and stakeholders
- Disseminate information to Nantucket residents and visitors
- Support planning and other efforts of the Town of Nantucket
- Develop and support model adaptation projects
- Share the outcomes of the ACKlimate initiative nationally and internationally.
A look at local, national, and international action on climate change!
Artists Association of Nantucket | Coastal Resilience Advisory Committee | Linda Loring Nature Foundation | Maria Mitchell Association | Mass Audubon | Nantucket Conservation Foundation | Nantucket Data Platform | Nantucket Island Chamber of Commerce | Nantucket Land Bank | Nantucket Land Council | Nantucket Preservation Trust | Osceola Foundation, Convening Partner | ReMain Nantucket | Sustainable Nantucket | Town of Nantucket | University of Florida Historic Preservation Program