- This event has passed.
Coastal Resilience Advisory Committee Meeting
August 17, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
This committee will work with the Coastal Resiliency Coordinator in the development, oversight, and implementation of a Coastal Resiliency Plan for the Town of Nantucket to address the impact of climate change and sea level rise. The Plan shall address planning across the system-wide needs of the community and include social, cultural and economic needs, infrastructure needs, and needs of the natural environment. The preservation of historical landmarks shall be a component of the Plan.
Tune into the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-sgxA1fdoxteLNzRAUHIxA
The Coastal Resiliency Advisory Committee was established by Nantucket’s Select Board on April 24, 2019. This committee works with the Coastal Resiliency Coordinator to oversee and finalize the Coastal Resiliency Plan by:
- Providing input as to Plan modifications/updates/finalization
- Recommending priority of Coastal Resiliency projects, including review of costs and funding sources/grant opportunities, professional services requirements, next steps, action steps, additional resource needs – including the development of a team of scientific advisors, partnership opportunities
- Assisting with identifying overlap; opportunities for coordination with other Town plans, including Hazard Mitigation Plan, Harbor Plan, Parks Master Plan, Open Space & Recreation Plan, Coastal Management Plan, Stormwater Management Plan, Master Plan
- Assisting with obtaining community feedback, including ways to engage seasonal residents – and ensure that all areas of the Island are represented
- Reviewing pertinent existing regulations to include coastal resiliency accommodations; identify any “disconnects” between regulations and practice and/or conflicts and recommend ways to achieve alignment; reviewing proposed pertinent regulations for coastal resiliency purposes
- Regularly reviewing information on sea level rise projections with regard to impact on the Island
- Review the activities of other coastal communities as related to coastal resiliency planning, projects
- Provide regular updates to the Select Board and Town Administration
- Other related tasks as may be requested by the Board and/or Town Administration